Open House Tips
If you do decide to conduct an open house, here are some tips:
- Make sure proper home staging (interior and exterior) is done in advance so your home appeals to the maximum number of potential buyers.
- Do not stay in the house during the open house. You are more than likely to volunteer too much information, including why you are selling. This will hurt your negotiating position later.
- It is not against the law to ask for identification in order to allow someone to enter your home, Ask your agent to do this.
- Tell your agent to stay with all vistors and have other vistitors tour the exterior while someone else is looking inside.
- Ask your agent to check all windows and doors before they leave your home to make sure everything is properly secured.
- Remove all valuables or store them in a safe, if you have one in the home.
- Keep all of your bank and credit card statements out of view.
- Remove any bills, letters, or personal material out of view, often buyers can find information that can hurt your negotiating power.
Whatever you decide regarding an open house, make sure you are properly prepared in advance.
Are you thinking of selling a property? I would like to offer you a FREE MARKET EVALUATION with no obligations to help you make the right decision.